I hear a song and see a dance.

December 5, 2008

Called verses Qualified

"God doesn't call the qualified - He qualifies the called."
~Andy McDaniel~

My dad has some pretty good one liners. Some are funny, some are serious, some are funny yet serious seeing as it's my dad. But that one up there is pretty awesome. We live in a time where qualifications mean everything. We are constantly placing our value forward. People ask for qualifications when hiring for a job. We are really good at proving ourselves.

But yet we long for that place of resting in Christ where wo don't have to prove anything anyways, because He already knows. We long to be known and yet we are always trying to prove ourselves. We are contradictions.

Lord let me not get caught up in qualifications - when looking at others or in trying to prove myself. Let me come to you as an empty vessel that You alone can fill me up to be used for Your purposes alone. Call me to You first and foremost and let me not place value in my qualifications but rather in my calling to be called to you.

No comments: