I hear a song and see a dance.

November 6, 2008

Home


I've had alot of girls talk to me lately about feelings of loneliness or being left out. Having people go out and do things and then they find out about it later. Feelings of not belonging.

Girls like to be pursued and have a tendency to rely alot on expectations. If things don't go the way we think or had hoped it can tend to crush us.

I was thinking about this since alot of girls had expressed feelings of loneliness etc and it just reminded me that this is not our home. Sure we can have wonderful earthly families that God can bless us with and friendships but no matter how wonderful people can be they are still people and will let us down. This is not the end for us. This is not "home." We are going to have feelings of "left out" or not completely home. But what do we do with those feelings? In Luke it talks about how Jesus actually pursued lonely places to talk to God.

Luke 5:16
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.

How many of us would acctually chose to often go to lonely places. Being lonely is usually associated with being a bad thing. I remember when my family first moved to Miami that was one of the most lonely times for me. I didn't have any friends - was 17 and didn't have a car. My sister (who is my best friend) stayed in Michigan for school. But that time was so wonderful. I look back on that time and wish I had a little more of that in my life now. I had so much time to just pour into my relationship with Christ. He shaped me and really did so much in my heart during this "lonely" time.

People long for "home" and what all that means and deep friendship and people long to be known intimately and loved for who we all are.

We aren't home yet - but being lonely is not bad. There are glimpses of home here that God gives us and those moments are beautiful reminders of what it will be someday. Thank you, Lord for those moments of "home" before we are home.

No comments: