I hear a song and see a dance.

May 28, 2008

My Burden, You Lift!

This is really old - but I found it today and I was comforted by it and reminded of some cool lessons God taught me then... :)



"My Burden, You Lift"

11/11/04



I feel suffocated and pressured
It's hard to breath, hard to move
It's a mountain that is weighing me down

Does everyone feel this way deep inside?
Supressed and feeling the need to die?

When you hung on that cross
Did my burden hurt you?
Is that what it means when they say,
"the weight of the world was on Your shoulders?

I imagine my burden
How it weighs me down
And I think of countless others
Who are hurting and being weighed down

How many of us casting it all on you
Our burdens in reality our sins
Were all thrown upon you

I know what it felt like to carry it
Horrible, painful, and hard
Untill I died and gave it away
My heart leaped and I was free
Never to be supressed or dragged down

I think of how much harder for you
Carrying all our burdens in that cross
My own burden plus thousands more
Made you fall to the ground

You died a death I should have died
You took my burden away
And when you came back to life
Your joy no words could say

I know how light and free I felt
Giving away my burden to you
But you had mine and thousands more
To relinquish and be freed from

I can't imagine the joy in your heart
Being free of the weight of the world
We all should have carried those burdens
But by your grace alone
We can cast them out


No comments: