I hear a song and see a dance.

May 22, 2008

Encouragement.

So lately God has blessed me with some huge encouragement that I didn't even realize I needed untill I received it. But I think that's how God works - He knows what we need better than even we do ourselves!

I had a friend call me to check in with me about how I am really doing. The words shared were so life-giving and I felt so loved and didn't even realize how much I needed to hear that. This friend not only encouraged but also challenged me in a few areas that I needed to be challenged in. Not that I hadn't been challenged before but it was a good reminder.

I had another friend send me a big passage of Scripture out of Phillipians to simply encourage me. It spoke to my heart and came at a time where I needed to hear that truth more than anything.

Another huge one has been my sister. I feel like she is my armor-bearer. She is right there with me through-out any trial and beyond that she is there. But when I say she is there it's more than a simple like listening or praying. You can be there without really being "there" if you know what I mean. When she is there for me boy is she there for me. It's an amazing gift that I feel so blessed to have.

No comments: