I hear a song and see a dance.

March 29, 2013

Reflections on Good Friday

{in regards to Peter and John's willingness to pray in Jesus' name to heal the lame beggar at the Beautiful Gate of the Temple in Jerusalem}

"Peter addressed the people: 'Men of Israel!  Why are you so amazed at this?  Or why do you stare at us as if we had made this man walk through some power or godliness of our own?  The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, the God of our fathers has glorified His servant, Jesus - the same Jesus you handed over and disowned before Pilate, even after he had decided to release him.  You denied the holy and innocent One, and instead asked for the reprieve of a murderer!  You killed the author of life!  But God has raised him from the dead!  of this we are witnesses.  And it is through putting trust in His name that has given strength to this man whom you see and know.  Yes, it is trust that comes through Jesus which has given him this perfect healing in the presence of you all!"

True healing, Salvation, strength, LIFE is through Jesus' death. 

I am that beggar at the "Beautiful Gate" of the Temple.  I cannot walk without Your strength, Jesus.  I am a beggar before You and You are the strength giver.  You are the healer.  You give me strength to walk in Your ways and continually giving me strength to walk the way you did.  Sacrificing your life,  to serve others.  To save the world.  You are the only one who can give me the strength to follow You.  The author of LIFE!

Most Holy, Lord!  Healer, and friend.  Savior and King.

I love you. 

No comments: