I hear a song and see a dance.

October 12, 2011

bikes and God hugs.

Vintage bike in the autumn leaves

Tonight I went for a bike ride and there were little kids and their parents playing in the leaves. And the air had that tiny bit of fall nippy-ness...

And leaves were falling.

And I asked God to take me through a season of fall, letting old leaves fall off... they might look pretty and colorful but they are dead.

And then I rode my bike letting go of my handlebars.

And it was scary.
{Last time I did that I hit a bump and flew over my handle bars and it hurt}

But I let go and this time I didn't fall and it didn't hurt and I think that was significant for the season I am in right now. It was God speaking to me in away I understand.
Letting go can be scary - but when you let go you find so much freedom.

1 comment:

Alycia Grayce (Crowley Party) said...

I love fall. Love this picture. Love this post :)