I hear a song and see a dance.

August 31, 2011

country side of me....

Well, when your sister is marrying a farmer it tends to bring out the "barefoot, bluejean kind of night" in you. If I thought of her or I marrying a farmer when we were younger, I would have always thought I would be the one rather than her. (She's a lot better in the kitchen etc. than I am!)

Here is my sister future farmers-wife making ridiculous amounts of jam the past two weeks. She is a trooper!



Isn't she a doll? She's gonna be the best farmer's wife ever!

My country side has been coming out however - check out this video me and the future farmer's wife, my future farmer brother in law and long time adopted brother Cole made as a joke for our awesome friends, the Duffys! :)



And this friends, is the first time I drove a tractor. I fell in love I have to admit.. the farmall is my new favorite toy. After driving this red beauty around for one day - two months later the future brother in law decides to sign me up for the Clarksville Tractor Games...

umm??? Sooo.. hesitantly but because it's me and I'm always down for a good time and trying anything new/making and idiot out of myself I agreed.



After dragging a chain behind my lovely Farmall and maneuvering the tractor back and forth to get the chain inside a metal box, I completed game #1 fastest in the women's division, {a minute and 30 seconds!}, pretty good considering I was competing against a pink tractor mama who had her own custom PINK Farmall tractor and matching pink shirt. Oh boy.. :) Game #2 had me backing my tractor until the hitch on the back bumped an egg but not crack it. Guess who completed that one fastest in the womens division? If you guess the never to be farmer's wife, aka me you also guessed correctly! The future brother in law farmer also happened to win this game for the mens division! What winners we are!



So I guess the country in me is coming out a bit, and I'm completely ok with it - as long as I'm not in a kitchen doing farmer's wife sorts of things that I'm terrible at! But give me a Farmall baby and I'm feeling good!

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh, that's such a cute picture of Miss Elizabeth! I love it. :)

And btw, the video's awesome... Made me laugh. :)

Elizabeth

Sarah Grace said...

haha.. thanks elizabeth! :) we had fun making it as a joke! congrats on beauty and the beast! i know it's gonna be a fun show for you guys! wish i could clone myself so i could choreograph that one too!!! miss you!

Christy Duffy said...

Still. Love. This. Video!!! (And you, too, SG.)

Jenna said...

Sarah Grace,
You feel free to come on over any time and pitch hay with us...yikes! That's great that you love "that side" of farming so much:)

yeeha!