I hear a song and see a dance.

March 28, 2009

Beauty is a lie

So I was told that ^ the other day and really started thinking about it. Beauty is such a lie. I've been challenged lately also about the fact that to me make-up can be such a crutch. I guess not like it can be to some girls - like I don't HAVE to wear it but I do rely on it for how I feel about myself too much.

Last night I was reading on Leslie Ludy's blog about self-esteem and how all these Christian ministries are promoting girls having self-esteem and being comfortable in your own skin and how that really is SO backward for what Jesus did. He must increase and I must decrease. But self-esteem can be such a lie because you can only feel good about yourself for so long because we make mistakes and should not be self reliant for our happiness. The only thing good in me is Christ... so being confident in Sarah Grace isn't going to fix the problem long-term only cover it for a little while.

I must decrease.
He must increase!!!!

That is what God has been speaking to me about in regards to beauty and self-esteem. Lessons I may have to be reminded of and learned more than once but pray that God will continue increasing so that I may decrease more and more.

"Beholding is becoming so as You fill my view - transform me into the likeness of YOU!"

No comments: